ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Apr 1999 22:57:46 -0400
Dan, this is apparently a scandal only in your mind.  I realize you would
desperately like to believe it is one, and that there was some sort of a
coverup, but there is no indication of either.

And as many of you know, I am not affiliated with either UNH or Maine, and
have in the past come to the defense of Maine when unfounded accusations
were made against them.  This is no different.

Dan, I could understand your original post back in February as one made
without enough awareness of what took place.  But you have had an
opportunity to learn the facts and I believe someone even gave you the
number of the Durham Police so you could educate yourself.  Unfortunately
it seems clear that you are more interested in making unfounded accusations
than learning the truth, because two months later you are still doing it.
That is disturbing.

I understand you are upset and rightly so at people who have made unfair
accusations against Maine, including some from UNH.  But dealing with that
by making unfair accusations against them is not something I can respect.