ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 2003 16:30:18 -0800
http://www.goblackbears.com

December 3, 2003
MAINE-UNH GAME AT ALFOND TO BE TELEVISED NATIONALLY
January 30 tilt will now be played at 8:00 p.m.

ORONO, MAINE – The University of Maine announced today that CSTV, the
new national television network dedicated to college sports, will
televise the Black Bears home hockey game against New Hampshire on
January 30. It will be the first nationally televised hockey game from
Alfond Arena. In order to reach more national viewers the game will be
played at 8:00 p.m.

“This is a great opportunity for our hockey program, a nationally
televised game in the Alfond against a great rival,” said Maine
Director of Athletics Patrick Nero. “Getting maximum television
exposure for our hockey team is very important to us. This partnership
with CSTV adds to packages already in place with WABI and NESN to bring
Maine hockey into millions of homes nationwide.”

Overall, Maine men’s hockey will have at least 17 games televised this
year, with the possibility of several more Tournament games being
aired. WABI in Bangor will televise eight games, five of which will
also be carried by WMTW in Portland. Three will be carried by NESN,
three by CSTV and one by FSNE.

“The emergence of CSTV is having a very positive impact on college
sports,” said Nero. “Our Montana game here in Orono was the first live
football game carried by CSTV and we are thrilled that they have
decided to come back and pick up our hockey game against UNH. I hope
they can continue to grow the number of homes they reach and we hope
that they will continue to bring the University of Maine athletic teams
into these homes”

CSTV, the first 24-hour college sports network, is available to
approximately 15 million homes nationally on cable and satellite. The
network is available on Adelphia and Insight cable systems, among
others, and is also available on DirecTV (channel 610). For information
on CSTV availability in particular markets, consumers can log on to
www.cstv.com or call their cable or satellite operator.

CSTV: College Sports Television televises regular season and
championship event coverage in football, basketball, baseball, hockey,
soccer and other sports from the ACC, Atlantic 10, Big East, Big Sky,
Big Ten, Big 12, Big West and Conference USA, as well as the Hockey
East, Ivy League, Missouri Valley, Mountain West, Pac-10, SEC, Sun
Belt, WAC and West Coast Conferences. CSTV also has programming
agreements with the NCAA, U.S. Olympic Committee and NAIA. The network
presents NCAA postseason action in baseball, lacrosse, women’s ice
hockey, field hockey, men’s and women’s lacrosse, men’s and women’s
water polo, gymnastics and track & field. For more information on CSTV,
log on to www.cstv.com.