ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
D B Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Nov 1998 21:01:51 -0500
Reading the Governor's Cup championship recap in the BDN online, I ran
across a stat called alternatively "Grade A" shots or "high percentage
scoring attempts".

Having followed hockey for 30+ years, this is the first I've heard of that
stat.

Questions:  What differentiates a plain old SOG from a "Grade A" shot ?
High percentage of what ?  Who decides ?

Hoping someone connected with our program can help, as I saw it in the
article on the Maine game...

Dan Doucette

***  Isn't it fitting someone named Garth Snow is playing  ***
***            for a hockey team in Canada   ???           ***