ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Nov 1996 10:43:35 EST
>Am I correct that UMaine currently dominates ?

No way.  Maine *might* be in the top half of all (44?) Division I
schools to have players in the NHL, but Maine has and has had relatively
few players in the NHL.  Besides Paul Kariya & Eric Weinrich, have we
had *any* stars?  (Maybe Bob Corkum is close due to his longevity).

Various people have done this breakdown before (typically at start of
season);  maybe someone will have better luck than me laying their hands
on a recent one?

cheers,
wayne

Wayne T. Smith                         Systems Group -- CAPS
[log in to unmask]                    University of Maine System
Co-owner of the College Hockey lists - Hockey-L/Info-Hockey-L/Hockey3