ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Date:
Fri, 15 Nov 1996 10:08:36 EST
> Marc Robitaille is a good example.  He gets lit up by UNH, and then stops 80
> of 85 shots on goal (there you go Wayne! :-) against Maine.

Robitaille was also pretty good in Northeastern's upset of Michigan State
a couple weeks back.  In fact, goaltending was the difference in that game,
although primarily because MSU's was so weak.  I wouldn't focus too
much on the UNH games to evaluate Robitaille.  He's playing on a very young
team that's going to have its ups and downs.  When a "down" comes against
a team with as much firepower as UNH has, a goaltender can be left out high
and dry.  This was the case in the first game against UNH when it was still
a 2-2 game into the third period, partly because Robitaille made some great
breakaway stops.  I didn't see the other game against UNH.

Robitaille is going to be a very good on in this league.

Dave Hendrickson   [log in to unmask]
Hockey East writer for US College Hockey Online
        http://www.uscollegehockey.com