ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 15 Oct 1996 11:03:36 -0400
Bangor Daily News has Maine's top three lines to start the year and
some other information today.  Here are the lines, pay special
attention to Line #2, it looks like a winner:

1- Roenick centering Cardinal and Oliver

2- Larose centering Kariya and Wansborough

3- Shermerhorn centering Parmentier and Bobby Stewart

Here are some other interesting points:

* Jason Price will move to defense.  Cronin was very impressed with
Price at the Blue/White and special team scrimages and thinks he is
an intelligent player.  Price says that he is happy to play defense
because it makes him a more valuable player.

* Cronin thinks that Kariya has improved the most of any returning
Maine player.  I believe Cronin phrased it that it's "ridiculous" how
much he had improved.  He believed Kariya will be a major fan
favorite.  From what I saw, Kariya was certainly one of the best
players on the ice.

* The Greg Cronin coaches show will begin this season's schedule
tonight at 6:30 on AM 620, WZON.

* Cronin is comfortable with the offense, but says "the defense may
take it's lumps".  As I mentioned here, Cronin likewise is pleased
with Shawn Mansoff at defense.

* Around a half-dozen players are still battling for the 4th line
spots.

* Power-play looks good, according to BDN.  David Cullen and freshman
Cory Larose will man the points, and have large shoes to fill
replacing two-time All-American Jeff Tory and Hockey East All-Rookie
Team member Brett Clark.  Cullen has looked great so far, and Larose
has made an immediate impression with the coaching staff being on
what could be Maine's best scoring line, and becoming the point man
on the power-play.

---
Deron Treadwell - [log in to unmask]
Editor, US College Hockey Online