ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Howard Quimby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Nov 1996 10:56:32 -0500
> I haven't figured out what UNH's record is at the Whitt, but at
> least lately, UNH seems to have had some trouble on the big ice.

UNH is 2-2-0 at home (W:  Union 4-3, NU 9-4)  (L:  Vermont 1-5 , Colgate 5-6
ot).  They are 3-0-0 on the road (NU 7-3, UMA 1-0, UMA 5-4).  But the ice size
isn't playing as much of a role as I thought it might last year.  UNH and UMA
both have Olympic sheets and NU is only slightly under (Isn't NU 197 x 95?) so
UNH is 5-2-0 on large sheets.

But I have to agree with Mike that the large sheet certainly didn't stop MC
from playing a hard hitting game last year and both nights against NU the rule
was "If it moves, hit it."  :)  UMA played it much the same way last year, but
I didn't see the games last weekend.  I think teams have enough exposure to
the larger sheets now that it really doesn't matter either way and teams with
an abundance of speed are still getting shut down on the large ice.

 Howard Quimby - [log in to unmask]             |\                ( )
 Natural Intelligence, Inc.            _________|_\_________________________
 Tel  617.876.7680 x1208                       -----              -_-_
 Fax  617.492.7425                                               -- - -