ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Tracy & Jeff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Apr 2002 09:41:01 -0400
There is not one spur of the moment excuse regarding the refs.  You don't
call penalties in OT of a Championship game without evening it up pretty
quickly.  I don't think any ref wants to hand out a Championship on a power
play (except this character).

With the blatant penalties (you heard the announcers say that a Minnesota
player was sent from the bench to tell Hauser to keep the stick down, "we
don't need any penalties right now".

I would have rather seen the boys make a mistake in the neutral zone, turn
it over and lose, than lose on an (albeit legit) call, when nothing was done
to even it up.  I said to my son early in the game that I had a feeling that
something ridiculous was going to happen.  I just didn't know which way.
There were too many inconsistencies BOTH ways.

As far as the crowd goes.......who said that wasn't going to be a factor.
WOW.  I don't the Avalanche crowd was that loud at the cup finals last
year!!!!

I hope that the boys don't let this one hang over them.  They have a lot to
be proud of, and a special person is proud of them, without question.