ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Oct 1996 10:25:59 EDT
(Deron wrote about Midnight Madness)

o I thought it was a very good turnout, too ...  with a fair turnout of
  students (maybe the current staff didn't go to the dorms and frats as
  directly and as energeticly as did Shawn Walsh?) and a much better
  than usual turnout of the local community fans.

o I was impressed with the defense.  Not only had Cullen obviously
  improved during the off-season, but so did White and others.

o No one showed they could put the puck in the net.

o There were lots of defensive breakdowns by the forwards in the
  offensive zone that probably won't be repeated next Saturday.

o Everyone has been talking about Alfie Michaud, and goal-tender is
  always an important position, but the other 2 not yet cleared by the
  NCAA may be impact players, according to stories I've heard.

o Good job by the pep band!  Where were the blue-liners?

o I heard that compilance coordinator Tammy Light was in the hospital;
  hope the stay is(was) brief with a quick recovery.

o Dan Shermerhorn, did you get the number of that truck?  Who says
  intersquad practices don't have hitting?

Yours in college hockey,

Wayne T. Smith                         Systems Group -- CAPS
[log in to unmask]                    University of Maine System
Co-owner of the College Hockey lists - Hockey-L/Info-Hockey-L/Hockey3