ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Date:
Fri, 31 Oct 2003 10:51:29 -0500
Hope these are some answers to some questions about tomorrow night's game
against BU -- now known as GO BLUE!! Night.

Yes, the new home jerseys will be unveiled -- the guys will wear the new socks
and old whites for warmups and treat the faithful to the new jersey when they
come out for pre-game intros.  Yes, Bear Necessities will have the new ones on
sale the minute they are first seen -- and they are the authentic shirt, not a
knock-off.  The jerseys for sale were manufactured at the same time as the ones
the guys will be wearing.  They will have the script Maine on the shoulders and
the snarling bear head with block letters MAINE above it on the chest.

At the same time, True Value Hardware has donated 5800 light blue and dark blue
t-shirts for GO BLUE! Night and those will be placed on the seats in the arena
before the fans come in -- everyone is encouraged to wear the shirt!

The Alfond will be rocking tomorrow night, friends!

And, for those who feel like carping on another topic -- check this out.  In
today's Bangor Daily News, while your hockey team is #1 in the country and went
to 6-0-0 last night with its first league win, the front page news contained a
large story (headline above the fold) about Ramirez' future with the Red Sox
<yawn!>  Baseball season is over, Joe McLaughlin -- or hasn't anyone told him?
If you wanted to find out how the #1 hockey team in the country did last night,
at home yet, you had to turn to page 5.  C'mon -- that has to be why some
friends of mine call it The Bangor Deadly.  Throw some emails at
[log in to unmask] ... please?!

And, while I have your attention, a request.  I have worked some with the group
planning the Shawn Walsh Hockey Center, which will be a tremendous addition to
the facility and a needed way to keep us competitive in the recruiting game.
One of the thrusts of this plan is to find ways to make the arena more "fan-
friendly" and include amenities that the fans would like to see.  If you have
ideas of what you think would make things better inside the rink, as well as
the additional locker rooms, better equipment and training areas and such ...
send me a note.  I will pass the comments on, I promise.

Thanks ... and remember, friends don't let friends play hockey at BU!  GO BLUE!!
Nonni