ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Date:
Mon, 6 Oct 2003 19:15:29 -0400
 My comments, tough to say how these guys play out after seeing them in one
scrimmage but here goes anyway:)

 Michel Leveille, good eyes, good hands, gonna score some points this year.

 Dustin Penner, truck, doesn't bother with going around, goes thru, seemed
to have good hands, questionable skating when playing a team like BC but he
gets my vote for PP and a tent in the crease:).

 Aquino, fast, I too saw him catch up to Lyall, just shook my head and
thought Todd Jackson is no longer the fastest player at UMaine.Can't wait
for some breakaways

 Hamilton, feisty, knows where the net is, I can see him in the lineup on
friday night??

 Zab, good hands, can carry the puck with ease, went end to end and scored
on Ray Jean. D was shaky but he is everything I'd heard.

 Johnson, whacked a few guys, was all over the place,

 Soares, nice goal , nice pass, He's gonna score this year also. Looked
right at home out there. Not sure about skating

 Mushaluk, he must have taken his toll in practice, anyone and everyone
lined him up, didn't faze him much. Carried the puck but I see him as a
Defensive DMan???

 Lundin, sweet move to score in shoot out but wasn't noticeable in game. Not
sure what to think but you don't get to be a finalist in Mr Minnesota
hockey(or whatever their player of the year is called) for nothing.

 Jankus, looks bigger, was all over the place.

 I believe there are going to be some vets looking for ice time before this
year is over.

  Ray Jean in goal allows Maine to have not only the best goalie tandem in
college hockey but the best threesome:)

It was great to see 2 Maine High School kids make the team, didn't look out
of place either. One got hit from behind and left, right before 1st  period
ended.

 Overall I'm more excited after seeing these guys  play. Maine might not
compete for a NC this year but I see them making some noise.