ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 2003 07:24:59 -0500
" For the first time ever Maine loses a HE playoff game at home, falling
tonight to UMass in the first game of their quarterfinal series 5-3.

Unbelievable."
 Very Believeable, I was there.  With average goaltending this game was
Maines. I say all but the first goal was soft. Don't know what happened to
the stellar tandem Maine had earlier in the year but its gone.

"
- Francis Nault needs to sit until he learns to stop turning over the
puck.
I am tired of hearing "Nault turns the puck over, and its a goal for
<insert
team here>".  Jack Parker would have put him on the bench a long time ago.
"
 I agree, not sure what it is but the guy just can't chip the puck out when
pressured, he has to carry it and as a result giftwrapped the game winner 18
secs after Maine tied it up

"
- Maine has 7 seniors.  Did they forget what it takes to get to a national
title game?"

 Apparently so

 Not sure what this team is missing but they are missing it. UMass played
clutch and grab to perfection, they interfered all over the ice and
Gravela$$ let it go. I didn't think anyone could be worse than BU but UMass
was even more obvious. By the same token if UMass can do it so can Maine but
Maine didn't. Lets hope Maine can win tonight but I doubt that it matters in
the long(short) run.