ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 30 Aug 1996 11:08:27 -0400
Maine Hockey East All-Rookie defensemen Brett Clark has elected to
leave Maine to go play juniors.  I don't have the details in front of
me but my assumption is it is major junior.  Clark is leaving to
"enhance is market value".

Meanwhile two-time All-American defenseman Jeff Tory has informed
Maine that he plans to stay at Maine this season.  Tory said, among
other things, that Maine took a chance on him and that he has been
through a lot here.  Maine interim head coach Greg Cronin was
impressed by Tory's decision.

Also returning to the Black Bears next season are seniors Trevor
Roenick, Dan Shermerhorn, Reg Cardinal, and Jason Mansoff.

Blair Allison is still planning to try out for the Canadian National
team next month and may still return to Maine.

Former Maine forward Tim Lovell, who transferred to UMass, reportedly
will sit out next season to get his academics up and return for a
full season in 1997-8.

Aside from Allison possibly leaving, it looks like the exodus is over
with Maine losing Mahoney, Lovell and Clark.  I'm not sure about
Clark's status or if he would ever plan to return, but judging from
the little I saw he is not planning to come back.
---
Deron Treadwell - [log in to unmask]
Old Town, Maine