ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Sep 1996 18:24:55 -0400
At 3:50 PM -0500 9/24/96, Wayne T. Smith wrote:
> The first "Around the Rinks" show is now available 24 hours/day on the
> web at
>
>    http://www.audionet.com/sports/shows/rinks/
>
> "Around the Rinks" is an audio-show by Adam Wodon and touts itself as
> the only National College Hockey talk show.  To listen requires
> "RealAudio".

I had an opportunity last November to both go on the air with Adam between
periods and hear him do play by play for the Princeton-Merrimack final of
the National Capital Tournament in Ottawa (1-1 tie, won by Princeton in a
shootout).   We were located right next to Adam in the press box at the
game.   Adam does a superb job of play by play and has a great radio voice,
and he has done a terrific job with AtR.  I too strongly recommend it to
everyone.  It is very well done.

Mike Machnik                [log in to unmask]               *HMM* 11/13/93
*****         Color Voice of Merrimack Hockey  WCAP 980 AM          *****