ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Date:
Sat, 23 Nov 2002 08:33:33 -0500
 Great win for Maine in a great battle that was everything we had hoped?.
UNH was very passive until Maine scored and then UNH came out of their
shell. UNH had a territorial edge until Gare scored and then Maine started
to play to win. Gares shot was perfect and it knuckled right into the top
shelf. The news said it was tipped but I didn't see. It really handcuffed
Jimmy.  Maines penalty kill was again great and UNH didn't have a handfull
of Grade A's on PP;
  Gravelesse was inconsistent, one penalty on Ryan was truly called on Ryans
reputation. He was in the area and a UNH player fell down, must have been
interference on Ryan. The linesman were as bad as any I can remember. They
missed several icings and both teams were jawing at them. Anyone else notice
how upset Umile was at Gravelesse in the 2nd, Why?
  A couple of Maine players must have stayed home as they didn't look very
sharp.
  Todd Jackson was his usual self,  very annoying to opposing teams. Man, he
can skate. He's as fast as anyone I can remember. A real joy to watch on the
penalty kill.

Anyone see the University of No Hardware T shirts, hehehehe, We got 2, how
about you. Gotta love that.
Anyone remember a line of students that went all the way around the parking
lot? in the rain??.