ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 14 Oct 1996 12:11:19 -0400
On 14 Oct 96 at 11:00, Dave Hendrickson wrote:

> As the Hockey East writer for US College Hockey Online I must
> disagree.  There was no USCHO story about the game because none of
> our writers were at the game.  Had the game been in this part of the
> country or had it even been telecast here I can assure you that I
> would have written a story regardless of who won.  I'm not 100% sure
> that I know what you're referring to when you talk about CC losing
> and it being headlined.  There was no article written about that
> particular game.  However, if you're referring to the fact that when
> you go to the "This Week" section of USCHO, there is an underline
> for the CC game but not for BU's win over Minnesota, that's simply
> because we got a boxscore for the first game and not the second, so
> there's a link to the boxscore.  There's no bias there.

The BU/MN tilt and the CC/Calgary game are both exhibitions.
While they are fun to watch, and discuss, they don't count for
anything.  Neither BU, Minnesota or CC has to use those games in
their records or stats, and the NCAA won't use them either.

For what it's worth there *IS* a story going online this afternoon
recapping that game by Frank Mazzocco.  I have yet to read it, but
check back under "Game of the Week" about mid-afternoon.

---
Deron Treadwell - [log in to unmask]
Editor, US College Hockey Online
USCHO:  http://www.uscollegehockey.com