ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
John Forsyth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Jan 2012 00:30:04 -0500
#Maine 3 - 1 #CrockpotLosers FINAL #HockeyEast #hockeyscores

ME1 - Parker (3) 19:53 Nemec, Leen
-
BU1 - Noonan (9)(pp) 2:41 Clendening, Connolly
ME2 - Pryor (1) 6:00 Diamond
--
ME3 - Mangene (9)(pp)(eng) 19:55 O'Neill

SOG
21- 6-10-37
 8-19-12-39

Had Blocked
 4- 3- 3- 10
 2-11- 7-20

Wide
 3- 3- 8-14
 1- 4-10-15

Attempts
28-12-21-61
11-34-29-74

1-8
1-5

Quite a run Maine is on.  This is the first time Maine has ever swept BU and
BC in weekend series in the same season - and they did it on consecutive
weekends.  This is the first sweep at BU since November 1992 in the 42-1-2
championship season.

After the BU debacle in December and Tim's interview with WABI in which he
said attempts to remove him as coach were an attack on the program and
players, I wrote to some of those players and let them know it was not
necessarily true (I can't speak for the nuts at USCHO).  One of the replies
I received made it plain that the players supported the coach and that they
were going to work hard to get better on the ice.  There was more accountability in what he wrote than we've heard from the guy in charge.
What he said was worthy of a captain.  There can be no doubt they have
worked much harder and the results have followed.  I am incredibly proud of
this group of players.