ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Nov 1996 11:28:08 EST
Deron wrote, in part.. (my words within [square brackets] .. wts)
>[2 Maine losses this weekend] would effectively remove any hope of a regular
>season title, and with no post season turn this whole season into something
>practically irrelevant.

I certainly hope this is not a widely held belief.  Maybe it comes from
years of watching Maine have losing seasons that were "practically
irrelevant" only for non-Mainers and those that could only measure
success with banners and championships.

I'll root for Maine to win as much as anyone, but winning isn't
everything.  If the 20+ young men grow as players and students and
people, and the coaches let us see that, I'll be quite satisfied viewing
the great hockey and being proud of "our team".

On the other hand, a sweep starts with a UML@Maine victory Friday night.

Goooooooo Blue!

Wayne T. Smith                         Systems Group -- CAPS
[log in to unmask]                    University of Maine System
Co-owner of the College Hockey lists - Hockey-L/Info-Hockey-L/Hockey3