ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Date:
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 12:09:26 -0500
 I would have posted earlier but I thought I would make more sense after I
cooled off. I don't like Maine losing much:).
 Maine played great at Yost, can't really say much bad except the post
hasn't been out friend(Ronan hit a post also). I though Jimmy would get the
call, Frank was terrific, gave Maine a chance to win, Montoya was better,
that happens.

 I've been thinking about Captains for next year and I like Waynes choice.
Prestin has an outward competitve fire that the staff doesn't have. Might
help keep the juices flowing and also might calm Prestin down, make him
realize how important his play is on the ice.

 As far as expectations go, I had high ones for this year and I hope the
team did also. Gotta have a dream to have it come true.  Maybe my
expectations were too high but I saw this team competing for the Nat'l
championship. I believed the Seniors would show the youngsters the way and
it almost happened. One thing I can't get over is the late season swoon.
Burnout may have been the problem but maybe lack of talent came into play
also. Last years team was Peter Metcalfs, 95 was Chris Imes, get on boys and
we'll go for a ride to the promised land. Both of those guys made others
around them better. We had no one like that this year or at least outwardly
so

Its going to be a long off season, I really don't know what to expect. It
seems like we have some good players coming in, Aquino, Levielle, Mushalak
and others that will fill the void. Hopefully someone will step up  to lead
on the ice.