ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Howard Quimby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Nov 1996 13:59:18 -0500
> UNH is the weakest at goal where Maine should have the decided edge with
> Michaud.  <snip> LaRochelle's play  has been nothing short of abominable to
> this point in the eyes of most  of the UNH faithful.

You make it sound like Maine will be shooting at an open net this weekend.  ;)

Larochelle holds the better numbers in Hockey East games

NAME            TEAM          GP   W  L  T    GAA    SV%
B. Larochelle   New Hampshire  4   4  0  0   2.53   .911
Alfie Michaud   Maine          2   0  1  1   2.91   .882

and lags slightly overall

Alfie Michaud   Maine          7   4  2  1   2.67   .876
B. Larochelle   New Hampshire  7   5  2  0   3.29   .886

I agree that Larochelle looked awful against UVM, Colgate and Union but he was
outstanding against Northeastern and Amherst Friday night and improved in each
of the first three outings.  And on Saturday he had another a good outing.
Maine will have to earn their goals against Larochelle this weekend in what's
shaping up to be a great goalie tandem for the Wildcats.

 Howard Quimby - [log in to unmask]             |\                ( )
 Natural Intelligence, Inc.            _________|_\_________________________
 Tel  617.876.7680 x1208                       -----              -_-_
 Fax  617.492.7425                                               -- - -