ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 30 Aug 1996 15:59:35 -0400
On 29 Aug 96 at 23:46, Mike Machnik wrote:

> I tend to agree.  If he stayed at Maine, even though they wouldn't
> make the playoffs, then he would still get to play better
> competition (Michigan, LSSU) and play for a year, with better
> teammates, then go pro.  According to the UMass release, he can
> choose to sit all of this year and play in 97-98.

This is apparently what Lovell is going to do.  According to the
Bangor Daily News, Lovell plans to sit out next year and finish his
college career at UMass in 97-98.

Now the obvious question is, why not do that at Maine?  It's still a
better senario than UMass, and with the guys UMass loses after this
year, and their poor recruiting class last year, this team will be in
worse shape next year than this season most likely.

I think one thing is clear, and that is that Lovell wanted out, for
whatever reason.
---
Deron Treadwell - [log in to unmask]
Old Town, Maine