ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Chris Sikes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Nov 1996 11:36:37 -0500
>"The second period was characterized by crucial lapses by the Black Bears.
>In the first period Maine gave the puck away several times but Michaud held
>them in and the defense got back into the play to take away second chances.
>In the second, Maine gave the puck away more and UNH capitalized this time.
>Michaud's quick found confidence in the first, broke just as quick in the
>second and UNH just came at Maine in waves.  UNH didn't pummell Maine with
>shots, but they got several odd-man rushes and made them count."

UNH looked played this peroid like Maine used to when I whet to school there,
UNH just keep on breaking Maine up in the nutrual zone and made rush after
rush.  I think Maine was luky to escape the period 5-2.  As i sat there with
my freind from UNH he told me after the score was 2-2 that Maine was going to
come back. i told him right then that the score was going to be 6-3 unh.

>"The penalty kill was good tonight killing all six UNH power plays."

Maine skated better a man down then even numbers.  the also had a couple of
good power plays.

I really enjoyed seeing maine play again would have been nice if it was at
Alfond, and Maine won. :^)

      MADRIVER