ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
D B Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Nov 1996 23:12:10 -0400
Two threads:

An item that always interested me was whether, now, or in past seasons, the
University of Maine has/had the most former players on active NHL rosters
than former members of any other NC$$ team.

Considering the knocks we take every so often, (and likely should Shawn
return as scheduled) this would be the true test of how "good" the program
is.

Am I correct that UMaine currently dominates ?

It certainly would help if the Bruins "brain" trust would recognize that
Beers and Roy are as good as anyone else they have kept on defence and on
RW.  Roy may currently be the fastest to the puck that the B's have right
now.

On another interesting subject right now, could anyone remind me as to what
happened in the Maine (or was it USM) case about baseball player
suspensions about campus sports betting ?

Consider the sanctions given to Maine Hockey when compared to similar
violations in college football at Michigan State U, who got, IMHO, much
less severe treatment for what were categorized as the same infractions as
happened at UMaine.

It will be interesting to see in a compare / contrast thing whether Boston
College will be treated any differently than a Maine school for players
caught betting.

Post to group, on either point with your thoughts or let me know by private
post.

Dan Doucette
Maine 1978 MPA 1980

        ****** If you can read this, thank your monitor *******