JOEBOX-L Archives

Joebox User

JOEBOX-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
James Jalbert <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joebox User <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jun 2013 07:03:54 -0400
Has anybody enable the force SSL filtering in the new JoeBox update. We just went through to do a test, and here is what happened, just wondering if anyone can point me to what I may have done wrong.
Generated the Certificate Authority on the JoeBox
Downloaded the certificate to a Windows and Mac machines
Enabled Force SSL on the group
Went to an SSL site(Norstate Credit Union) and it got blocked(odd cause it is not blocked with SSL filtering off), but was fine after an over ride account was used
Went to capitalone site and it was fine.
Added capitalone to the block list(tried both the global list, and the group list), and it was never blocked.
Did I miss something in the setup to block https sites? I entered the address in the block list as capitalone.com, also tried it as just capitalone, but it was never blocked, but yet Norstate Credit Unions site got blocked and that has never been added to a blocklist??

Any thoughts

James Jalbert
Network Administrator
Eastern Aroostook RSU #39