JBS-L Archives

- JBS-L - Josselyn Botanical Society discussion list of the University of Maine

JBS-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
- JBS-L - Josselyn Botanical Society discussion list of the University of Maine <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Barbara Grunden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Jul 2008 09:58:44 -0400
Dear Jossies Who Attended the 2008 Annual Meeting:

The Spaulding/Grunden/McReel carpool found a metallic pin of a columbine in
our vehicle which does not belong to any of us.  We presume it somehow got
into the vehicle at Edmunston as we are pretty positive it was not present
when we packed before leaving southern Maine.

Please contact Barbara Grunden and she will mail it to its rightful owner.

As we drove home, our carpool was discussing how wonderful it was that we
were carpooling and helping conserve a diminished resource.  It is sad that
the high price of gas forced us to consider this option.  We reflected how
much gas we saved (and consequently reduced pollutants), how much easier it
was to park on campus with fewer vehicles, and the stipulation that extra
cars were not allowed at some sites, resulted in more Jossies riding the bus
to our field sites.  Bravo to the Jossies for their conservation efforts.
Let's continue to do better.

Barbara Grunden