JBS-L Archives

- JBS-L - Josselyn Botanical Society discussion list of the University of Maine

JBS-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Thomas F. Vining" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
- JBS-L - Josselyn Botanical Society discussion list of the University of Maine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 2010 20:45:02 -0400
The purpose of this message is two-fold. First, I want you to know that my
stock of natural history books and supplies has been acquired by The
Naturalistıs Notebook ( http://www.thenaturalistsnotebook.com ) of Seal
Harbor, Maine. The owners, writer/editor Craig Neff and photographer/artist
Pamelia Markwood Neff, are interested in all things natural, and their store
is definitely the place on Mount Desert Island for naturalists to visit.
Their website tells us that ³5% of proceeds go to environmental causes². How
many stores have that kind of commitment? In addition, they have not only
donated space in their store to Anaskimin, the new nonprofit that I am a
part of and that had a display at the spring meeting of JBS, they have
helped stage the display, contributing computer services and materials. When
you visit their website, be sure to click on the link at the bottom of the
page to go to their blog. It is interesting and exceptionally well written.

Second, I just learned that The Naturalistıs Notebook will be stocking the
recently published Flora of Acadia National Park. The price is $24.95, and
they are charging just $3 for shipping. (Remember, Maine residents need to
add $1.25 for sales tax.) The photos alone are worth the price of the book.
I have already placed an order with them, and I hope you will also. I
recommend that you contact The Naturalistıs Notebook as soon as possible and
reserve your copy (or copies). They may be reached by telephone
(207-801-2777), e-mail ([log in to unmask]), or traditional
mail (P.O. Box 232, Seal Harbor, ME 04675). If you live nearby, stop in
(10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., seven days a week) and visit them at 16 Main
Street, next door to the post office. I really hope you will support them
with your business.

Thanks,
Tom

Thomas F. Vining