JBS-L Archives

- JBS-L - Josselyn Botanical Society discussion list of the University of Maine

JBS-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Rick Speer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
- JBS-L - Josselyn Botanical Society discussion list of the University of Maine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Sep 2008 21:29:56 -0400
Many of you are aware that fellow Joss, Shirley Adams is doing a thru hike
of the AT this summer.  Here is a report from her sister, Claire, who says
that Shirley would welcome one of her JBS friends to join her along the way
in her trip through Maine.  If anyone would like to connect with her, let me
know off-list and I can provide you with her cell phone number.
Rick Speer

Report from Monday evening, Sept 1:  Shirley is in the Mt Washington area
right now.  She actually spent a couple of nights at our cousin's condo on
Christmas Mtn outside of N Conway.  I believe she will be entering Maine
later this week. I usually send her packages of goodies every week or two
and her next mail drop is Caratunk, ME(between Mt Bigelow and Bald Mtn).
She expects to be there about September 14th.  I expect she will hit the
first spot in Maine this coming weekend which is Goose Eye Mtn and then
Baldpate Mtn.  There are not many mail drops in Maine so it would be great
if someone meets her before Caratunk.  She should finish about end Sept. or
beginning October at Katadin.