JBS-L Archives

- JBS-L - Josselyn Botanical Society discussion list of the University of Maine

JBS-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Lindsay Nelsen <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 2 Nov 2006 10:25:43 -0500
Hi Teresa,

I don't have access to research but I do have our tree growth woodlots'
anecdotal results.  Honeysuckle and company come in with the enforced
woodlot management.  Mark and I spend time, definitely not enough time,
digging and cutting out the lovelies.  It's an ongoing battle.

I bet people in my situation could do some research:  list the site
characteristics (acreage, slope, soils, tree species), measure invasive
species numbers before and after the 'improvement' of the land.

Keep me informed of what you find?  Thanks,
Lindsay