JBS-L Archives

- JBS-L - Josselyn Botanical Society discussion list of the University of Maine

JBS-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Rick Speer <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 9 Jun 2006 09:24:39 -0400
I'm forwarding this message to the JBS-L list on behalf of Phillip
deMaynadier from Inland Fisheries:

Is there any chance that JBS members might have local knowledge of good
Rumex wetlands in the Eastern Lowlands (approx N. of Rt 9, E. of Bangor, and
S. of Houlton)?  We're interested in identifying a butterfly of Special
Concern, the Bronze Copper.  The key to finding this butterfly is locating
good patches of its host plant.  We're looking for wet meadows and marshes
with good populations of Rumex (orbiculatus or crispus).  We're especially
interested in site locales for the Eastern Lowlands and Aroostook Hills and
Lowlands ecoregions (basically from Bangor east and north).

Thanks!

Phillip deMaynadier
Reptile, Amphibian, and Invertebrate Group Leader
Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife
650 State Street, Bangor, ME 04401
Ph. 207-941-4239