JBS-L Archives

- JBS-L - Josselyn Botanical Society discussion list of the University of Maine

JBS-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Date:
Mon, 27 Jun 2005 19:22:27 -0400
From:
Rick Speer <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
- JBS-L - Josselyn Botanical Society discussion list of the University of Maine <[log in to unmask]>
Comments:
Here is a message that Alison Dibble asked me to post for her:

Dear Folks,

Material is needed for a study of Rubus idaeus ssp. strigosus (native to
Maine) and Rubus idaeus L. (naturalized from Europe).

If you see a patch of red raspberry (either one, and you don't have to
figure out which, but I am especially interested in the European species)
please consider pressing a specimen for me.  I need last year's woody
growth plus flowers and/or fruits. On the newspaper please note locale
information (including lat-long), date, habitat, approximate extent of the
patch in square feet or acres, your name, and your collection number.  If
possible, please make sure the leaves press well as I will be taking some
measurements from them.

You can bring the specimens to JBS this summer or drop them off in the
MAINE Herbaria, or mail them to me at:

Alison C. Dibble
67 Rob Rd
Brooklin, ME 04616