JBS-L Archives

- JBS-L - Josselyn Botanical Society discussion list of the University of Maine

JBS-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Deborah W Lievens <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 11 Jan 2005 14:26:22 -0500
Hi Susan, Putting on my "invasive species committee" hat, I am immediately
wary of any plant that is so "weedy".  The best intentions to keep plants in
containers are always just intentions.  I personally would stay away from
the plant.  I put the question to the committee at our meeting today and no
one had any definitive thoughts.  I note that we are reviewing a large
number of plants this winter. Nelumbo lutea did reach our radar screen as it
is mentioned as invasive in MA and CT.  We put the plants through a series
of criteria so we do not depend on the other listings. Someone  will be
reviewing that plant. Good luck.  Deb Lievens