JBS-L Archives

- JBS-L - Josselyn Botanical Society discussion list of the University of Maine

JBS-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Joann Hoy <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 28 Sep 2005 14:19:13 -0400
Dear Lauren,
Here's a website that tells you about controlling swallowwort. I know
that it's very difficult to eradicate in a well-established site, with
herbiciding and replanting one of the recommended strategies, but see
the website for a variety of suggestions.
http://tncweeds.ucdavis.edu/esadocs/documnts/vinc_sp.html

The home site was recommended highly at the recent IPANE conference in
Framingham, and covers many plants: http://tncweeds.ucdavis.edu.

My personal experience with handpulling swallowwort was pretty
discouraging, but there are ways to conquer it. Good luck!
Joann Hoy