JBS-L Archives

- JBS-L - Josselyn Botanical Society discussion list of the University of Maine

JBS-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
- JBS-L - Josselyn Botanical Society discussion list of the University of Maine <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Pat Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Mar 2009 09:27:41 -0500
For anyone who did not receive notice from John Burns re the Grundens
Dear Friends of the Grundens,
I am sorry to bring news of the death of Barbara and Charlie Grunden's daughter-in-law.  The notice below tells of the tragedy.  They have had to go to Florida for an indeterminate amount of time to help their son in his transition as he travels a lot with work.  I do not have any contact information for Barbara and Charlie but I know they will be in touch as soon as they settle in.

I thought it might be a nice expression of support if we could contribute to the kids' accounts as there certainly will be tough times ahead with the tragic loss and the current economy.  Even a small amount from each of the members of this community would be a significant statement and sign of support for this couple who complete over 50 surveys a year, include anyone in surveys, and embody the spirit of our program.  No one but the Grundens will ever know the results but I offer this as an opportunity for us to share our sympathy with the family.

You can go into a local Navy Federal Credit Union and make a deposit into the accounts or do a direct transfer from your bank using the information below.

Thank you for reading this and considering this opportunity.

John Burns
Navy Federal Credit Union Branch
Routing Number 256074974
Joshua Grunden Acct#3017222799
Matthew Grunden Acct#3017222864

Obituaries

      Theresa Lynn Grunden
      (October 21, 1964 - February 19, 2009)

      Guest Book | Sign Guest Book
      Theresa "Teri" Lynn Grunden, 44, of Panama City Beach, Florida, died Thursday evening as a result of an automobile accident. She had been a resident of Bay County since 1999, having moved to this area from Sarasota, Florida. Teri was Methodist by faith and was a graduate of Indiana University. She loved to teach children and had traveled the world extensively teaching in many places such as Bedford, England, Bogotá, Columbia, and Adelaide, Australia. Teri also taught in the Bay District school system at Springfield Elementary as well as Hutchison Beach Elementary until 2001, when she decided to become a full time stay home mom. She is survived by her husband, Michael Charles Grunden; sons, Joshua and Matthew Grunden all of Panama City Beach; parents, David and Vangie Gleason of South Bend, IN.; in-laws, Charles and Barbara Grunden of Falmouth, ME.; brothers, Timm Gleason of Belize, Central America, Tom Gleason of North Liberty IN.; sister, Tracy Weaver of Granger, IN.; brothers-in-law, Jim Grunden of Fayetteville, N.Y., John Grunden of Ottawa, IL., and Chuck Grunden of South Portland, ME.; sister-in-laws, Linda Jones of Carmel, IN., Joanne Foster of Newton Town Center, MA., and Betsy Westergren of Avon, MA. A Celebration of Life service for Teri was conducted on Wednesday evening at 6:00PM in the Southerland Family Funeral Home chapel with Chaplain Floyd Wright officiating. Memorial contributions for the Grunden children may be donated to accounts set up for Joshua (Acct#3017222799) and Matthew (Acct#3017222864) at the Navy Federal Credit Union, PO Box 3100, Merrifield, VA 22119-3100 Phone Number (888)842-6328.

The two drivers who died Thursday night on Back Beach Road in a head on collision have been identified.
Police say 22-year-old Brandon Lindsey Faust was driving west on Back Beach Road in a SUV when 43-year old Theresa Lynn Grunden who was driving a pick up collided with him head on. Both are listed as Panama City Beach residents.
Beach police say Grunden had been at a gathering in the Summer Breeze subdivision and when she pulled out onto Back Beach Road; she mistakenly turned left and headed west in the east bound lanes of the four lane highway.
Initial reports say there were no skid marks as the SUV and the pick up collided around 9:30 Thursday night. Police could not confirm reports that Grunden had been driving without her headlights. Officers say that issue is under investigation.

Patricia A. Smith