JBS-L Archives

- JBS-L - Josselyn Botanical Society discussion list of the University of Maine

JBS-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Theresa Kerchner <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 05:07:39 -0700
Susan and all,

Have you noticed a yellow fungus -looking growth on
many Jack-in-the-pulpits this year? We saw quite a few
plants yesterday on the Curtis property in Leeds that
were covered with some type of spores.

Does anyone know what it is and if it is usually on
these plants at this time of the year? I don't think I
have noticed it before...

Also, the wood ticks are unreal out there - is this a
climate change issue?  Local long-time residents say
they never had ticks when they were growing up.

Thanks!
Theresa Kerchner