JBS-L Archives

- JBS-L - Josselyn Botanical Society discussion list of the University of Maine

JBS-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
- JBS-L - Josselyn Botanical Society discussion list of the University of Maine <[log in to unmask]>
From:
The Ledlies <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Dec 2001 08:17:44 -0500
Apologies for this non botanical posting, but I am wondering if any of you
have run into stone "towers" in the Maine woods.  In Hartford - I guess
also in Waterford -  there is a stone "tower" atop a hill in an old field
now grown in with pines. Its about 10' tall, maybe 3' square, and made of
small rocks. No one seems to know how old it is - it looks like it must
have been at least partially rebuilt at some point - or what it's purpose
was.  Any ideas?
Pat Ledlie
Eight Bean
PO Box 90