JBS-L Archives

- JBS-L - Josselyn Botanical Society discussion list of the University of Maine

JBS-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

JUDY KEVIN KANE <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 11 Oct 2007 21:05:50 -0400
Dear Sue,
    Would you be kind enough to send me a copy of your draft ordinance also? I am on the Hallowell Conservation Commission, and we are beginning to work on an ordinance which deals with invasive plant issues as well. Also, I can tell you that our daughter, Ailene, enjoyed her time with you in the past, and she has just started grad school in Plant Community Ecology at U. of Washington in Seattle. We have also seen and appreciated some of your good work from years past as we have been surveying plants as NEWFS PCV's. Hope this finds you well!
    Many thanks,  Judy Kane
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Sue Gawler<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
  To: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
  Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2007 10:47 AM
  Subject: Re: Municipal policies re planting invasives

  Theresa et al-

  I'm on the Tree Board in Belgrade and we have a draft ordinance (which for
  several reasons will not go to the voters this year unfortunately) that
  among other things prohibits planting invasive woodies on public property
  including road rights-of-way (referencing a list on file at the town office
  provided by yours truly and containing all the familiar woody invasives
  including Acer platanoides).

  I'll send you a copy of the draft ordinance directly.

  Good luck!

  Sue Gawler