JBS-L Archives

- JBS-L - Josselyn Botanical Society discussion list of the University of Maine

JBS-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Susan Hayward <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
- JBS-L - Josselyn Botanical Society discussion list of the University of Maine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 2003 17:01:27 -0500
Hi Friends,
I don't know what I was thinking, but I agreed to run a workshop at the
Children's Waer Festival in May in Portland on insectivorous plants.
The kids are grades 4-6, they cycle through my station every 30 minutes
or so.  We are encouraged to make the activities as hands-on as
possible, and so they should be.
However, short of feeding them to the pitcher plants, or re-enacting
Little Shop of Horrors, I am somewhat stuck for ideas.  I have found 2
pretty good activities in the National Wildlife Federation curriculum -
NatureScope, but would love more to choose from.  A google search came
up empty.  So did ERIC.
I would like to include pitcher plant, sundew, and bladderwort.
Any ideas???  References?
Many thanks,
Susan Hayward