From:
Mike Zak <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
College Hockey discussion list <HOCKEY-L@MAINE>
Date:
Tue, 22 May 90 16:46:28 EDT
I was pretty sure that Gagnon would go pro if he was offered a decent contact
in the NHL.  He's following in Darren Puppa's foot steps.  Puppa left RPI as
a national champion and after his junior year when many of the other key
players graduated.  I don't think that these goalies really wanted to become
the main attraction in a shooting gallery in their senior year.  Who can
blame them.  As for Gagnon finishing his degree, I hope so.  Collin Patterson
left Clarkson a year early but returned to school the following summers to
earn his degree.

So it's back to watching the Stanley Cup finals on "Hockey Night in Canada."
It's a big plus, being so close to Canada.  Con Cherry is quite the
character.  I love it!

Mike Zak
Clarkson '87, '90