Date:
Tue, 19 Dec 1995 20:25:16 EST
Traditionally North Yarmouth Academy's "Alumni Winter Sports Day" features
the Odds against the Evens, but this year NYA is breaking tradition for
one of our own:  At 12:00PM on December 30, the NYA Alumni will play
the Yarmouth High School Alumni in a game to benefit the Travis Roy
Trust Fund of Maine.  The game will be held at the North Yarmouth Academy
Ice Arena, which is managed by Travis' father, Lee.  If you happen to
be an alumnus of either school and want information about the game,
or would like to make a donation, call (207) 846-9051 (NYA's main office).
Travis has been making progress:  He has been off of the respirator for
almost a month (he was even allowed a little taste of Thanksgiving dinner)
and he has been able to shrug his shoulders slightly.  His hands have
also moved, but doctors were quick to say that it was likely because
the muscles moved on their own.  But movement is movement.

I haven't been on for a while, but I wanted to answer a question quite a
few asked when the SI article came out:  No, I am not the manager Travis
tied to a chair in study hall  :->

Happy Holidays to everyone (its not too late to order from L.L. Bean!
-sorry, had to get in my plea here somewhere) and try not to break all
of your Resolutions by Groundhog Day.

JHF
"Pray for Travis"