From:
"Eric J. Burton" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eric J. Burton
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 1998 12:38:25 -0600
On Thu, 19 Feb 1998, Indy Rutks wrote:

> >The tossing of the fish is highly anticipated by the fans, mostly because
> >it means the Wildcats have scored.
        I think there is a point when throwing stuff is not good for the
flow of the game, I think maybe one Gopher during the series is ok, but
if the game has to stop every face off because the ice looks like the
city dump there may be and are grounds to call a penalty. There is a
tradition of
having gophers on the ice but, some of the stuff is unappropriate, wiskey
bottles, snuce spit, cups with or without pop. I would rather have
stuffed gopher on the ice instead of a live one, Central High School
when they play Red River throw live white rats on the ice, because they refer
the Riders as the River rats. I think we are making too much of a fuss
about throwing stuff on the ice.

        Eric J. Burton
        The "Fan"
        1997-98 WCHA Fighting Sioux Hockey
        1997-98 Boston Bruins Hockey Team
        Denver Broncos Super Bowl Champs XXXII
        NHL Hockey the Coolest Game on the Planet