College Hockey discussion list <HOCKEY-L@MAINE>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jun 90 18:49:00 EST
Hello Hockey Fans!

      First of all, I want to say many thanks to someone who provided alot of
information on the college hockey players in the 1990 NHL draft entry. Now, I
want to share my opinion with you about Dwayne Norris of Michigan State Univ.
I think Dwayne Norris should be picked in the first or second round, not
seventh round because he is considered to be the fastest and smoothest skater
in the entire NHL draft entry. His outstanding role as MSU and Team Canada Jr.
proved that he could be picked better than the NHL scouting board predicted.
More specifically, his role at MSU was to play on the Sparatans' top line with
Kip Miller and other (I forgot his name) and show some offensive excellences
there. And he also played on Team Canada's top line with Nick Ricci who was to
be picked in the first three numbers of the first round this month and Eric
Lindros during last Christmas' World Junior Hockey Championship which Canada
won the championship. During his experience with Team Canada Jr. he contributed
alot of his time on both offensive and defensive positions which were counted
on by his coach, Guy Charron. That's what I made my own point of view about
Dwayne Norris.
      I personally don't count on the NHL scouting board and predicitons cuz
traditionally, many NHL teams picked some prospects on their own, not
following the SB's predicitions. Moreover, the predicition of the SB never be
very accurate as usual. Also, this year's N.H.L. draft is very strong and very
productive one because there are alot of outstanding players available for the
draft. In conclusion, I personally sensed that there were some skeptical factors
   toward the NHL scouting board's predicitions as long as I want to see some
realities which will, of course, happen in the NHL draft someday. Have a nice
day!

                                                Sincerely,

                                                Darryl Hackett