From:
"White, Shayne" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
College Hockey discussion list <HOCKEY-L@MAINE>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 90 15:54:00 EDT
Greetings,
	I'm a sophomore goalie at Union College who has been pondering the
recent changes made to Hockey East.  I have to agree, first of all, with the
people who feel that the ice will be in horrible shape after 25 minutes.  That
goes without saying.  I also have to agree with people who say 'Don't fix it if
it ain't broke' (sic).  Overall, I think the whole idea is garbage, but not for
the reasons some people have stated.  Maybe I'm being a too dramatic, but
hockey to me is a very big part of my life, and has done a lot of things for
me.  The changes won't make that big of a difference, but the principal on
which they were made on is all wrong, i.e. sell-out.  Sure, maybe teams with
more depth may have a slight advantage, but overall, it won't change much.
	It scares me to see things like arena-football popping up, thinking
that maybe someday someone will create some hideous hybrid using hockey.
Probably only people deeply involved with the greatest sport in the world will
really understand where I'm coming from, but so be it.  I just appreciate being
able to voice an opinion about something I care about.

					-Shayne White