Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 90 14:42:45 EDT
 This is in reply to Mike M at Apollo's last note.  I guess I didn't make the
 penalty situation involving the goalie quite clear, so here goes again.
 Mike writes:
 >Unless the rule has just been changed without me knowing, goalies still
 >serve their own misconduct penalties.  If Schoen only got a misconduct, the
 >West should not have been short a man, although Schoen would have had to
 >go to the box and be replaced in net anyway (so it doesn't sound like it
 >was Eaves' choice).  Maybe Schoen got a minor in addition - you say he
 >was being unsportsman like.  That would have made the West shorthanded.

 Okay, the West did not play a man short, there was no minor in addition to the
 misconduct penalty.  However, by placing a different player in the box to sit
 for 10 minutes the West did not have the use of that player, and all Schoen did
  was watch from the bench.  That's why I was confused!!!  If he wasn't going to
  play, why not serve the penalty himself and not cause the shifting ofplayers
 to cover the one who served it for him?(Maybe Olympic rules are different???)

 More on the Gold medal game later today or early tomorrow (I promise!) Our
 computers are very busy today.  Carol W.