Date:
Sun, 10 Mar 1996 15:04:37 -0700
Tony Biscard quoth:

>In today's Boston Globe, there was a humorous short on
>Vermont off the AP wire:
>
>VERMONT'S FANS LOYAL
>
>  Burlington, Vt. - Fans hoping to see the University of
>Vermont compete for its first postseason Division I
>hockey championship began lining up yesterday for fewer
>than 500 tickets more than 15 hours before they were to
>go on sale.
>
>[more details cut]

Heck, I remember in the late 80's at BU the *ONLY* way to get a Beanpot
ticket was to sleep overnight outside Walter Brown. (now it's all season
ticket holders, and nobody really cares... heck, you can walk right up to
the New Garden Box Office and buy tickets DAYS after they go on sale)

This brings up an interesting question, that I'm sure has been asked
before... but I haven't seen it. Forgive me if I'm being real ignorant..

"Who's got the most loyal, die-hard fans?"

I'm very curious as to people's opinions; I'm not interested in just who's
the loudest, or who does the road trips, I want to whole basket o' monkeys
on this one. Additionally, I'm interested in who's got the die-hards
overall; as much as I can say the BU fans of 1989-1992 were the best, those
were banner years. Oddly enough, the fans are less enthusiastic now that
the team won a championship.

Anyway, if you're at all interested, fill out the following and send it
back to me, please:

(assumning that most people won't have exact figures, just your impressions
would be great!)

1. Your school

2. How many games were sellouts this year?

3. How big is the "travelling fan contingent"

4. What percentage of the games are students? Of alumni? Of joe public?

5. How many season ticket holders?

6. How many fans would you say are "educated" about the team?

7. If your team makes the Final Four, how many fans would go if were being
played within 8 hours' drive time? Over 8 hours' drive time? In california?

8. If your school's games are televised, what are the ratings like?

9. When the students are on break, how are the crowds?

10. How does the crowd change with the success of the team (majorly? not much?)

that's about all I could think of for now... if anybody has any other ideas
for good questions to ask, I would love to include them.

Everyone's answers will be kept completely confidential!

greenie
S P O O N  ! !
(go BU)