From:
"A.J. Scheetz" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
College Hockey discussion list <HOCKEY-L@MAINE>
Date:
Fri, 4 May 90 15:06:05 -0700
Well, some of you might have heard my ranting and raving about the lack of info
   in the Denver news regarding the hiring of a new DU coach to replace Ralph
Backstrom.  This situation may be changing as I just read a small piece in the
Rocky Mountain News about this process.

The selection committee now has a short list.  The three top candidates are
1.      Shawn Walsh of Maine
2.      Rick Comely of Northern Mich.
3.      Frank Serratore form asst. coach at Nodak ANd now head coach of the
        Omaha Lancers.

This WAS the short list until yesterday when Comely ascked to have his name
removed from consideration.  In his place is now Frank Anzalone of Lake State
(say it ain't so Frank!).

Walsh was in town yesterday for an interview.  No word on how that went, but
I'm sure that he's the front runner followed now by Serratore and then Anzalone.
   The talk is that it would have to be a very sweet deal to get Walsh away from
Maine what with all of the young guns he's got there now.  Also, I suspect that
whoever gets the nod will be offered the AD job too because there is no talk
of filling that spot before the head coaching job is filled.  Who would take
a job like head coach at DU without first knowing who their boss is?
aj