From:
Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Aug 90 10:24:30 EDT
I was talking to a local TV/Radio station manager a couple of days ago.
He is up in arms over only one intermission (he had already planned and
sold spots for two intermissions).  He says the fixed costs of putting
on an event like a college hockey game make the shortening of the game
and loss of an intermission very difficult for his station.  He expects
his and other local stations will consider doing less college hockey
because of this move.  (NESN and other cable stations have little
advertising time sold and are thus unaffected).

He also says that this decision is not cast in concrete.  HE Commish Stu
Haskell, are you listening?

If you have an opinion on this subject, I suggest you make a telephone
calls to your favorite teams coach and AD.  Introduce yourself, give
them a pat of the back, and then (nicely) tell them what a dumb move
this is!