Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 90 15:28:27 EDT
 There hasn't been much news in the paper about this but I found this tidbit in
 Sunday's Star Tribune. HOCKEY PLAYERS WON'T GO ON:
                    The hockey players got their medals, but none will be
 asked to join the U.S. team at a camp that starts today in Colorado Springs to
 participate in the Goodwill Games next week. That team will include mostly
 more experienced players and some minor league pros. Wisconsin's Jeff Sauer
 will coach the team.

 The roster: goaltenders-John Blue, Ray LeBlanc, Guy Herbert, and Dave Littman;
 defensemen-Tom Pederson, Todd Richards, Ian Kidd, Guy Gosselin, Dan Keczmer,
 Scott Sandelin, Paul Stanton, Carl Valimont and Duane Joyce; and forwards-Jim
 Nesich, Lee Davidson, Mike McNeil, C.J. Young, Scot Harlow, Jim Johansson,
 Steve Johnson, Tony Amonte, David Emma, Joe Sacco, Bob Lakso, and Tim Sweeney.

 I don't know why, for instance, Greg Brown isn't on the roster. That was a
 question from Mike M, I believe. I'm sure there are quite a few who aren't
 listed here who "we" think should have been asked. All I can say is, who
 knows!!!?? No one is a certainty, they all must vie for the 20 spots + 3
 goaltenders.   Carol W.