Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 90 12:51:01 EDT
 MANY THANKS to Bill Fenwick for putting out all the "News" from the latest THN
 publication!!!

 I have a couple of clarifications/personal observations to add. First, it was
 listed that St. Cloud State Univ would be joining the WCHA "soon". They have
 been officially admitted as of this year and the Gophers open their season in
 St Cloud on Friday October 12th. Saturday, St Cloud plays us here in Mariucci.
 I hope they are ready for some tough competition!

 Also Bill wrote: >UNDER THE TEN TEAMS WHO COULD MAKE IT IN ST PAUL:
 >7. MINNESOTA -- Their top scorers from last season, Peter Hankinson and
 >Scott Bloom, are gone, but senior Ken Gernander and junior Tom Pederson lead
 >a group of forwards that are capable of making up the difference.
 I know why people would think that Tom Pederson is a forward, but he is a
 defenseman who like to rush the puck and score.  This happens all too regularly
  and much to some of the fans (and coaches) consternation!!

 And under the TEN FRESHMAN WHO SHOULD HAVE AN IMMEDIATE IMPACT:
 >8. Mike Muller, Minnesota--Has all the attributes to be a great player: size,
 >(6-2 205#), strength, quick feet and quick hands.
 After seeing Mike play in the Olympic fest and again last Thursday in an intra-
 squad game, what he needs to work on is not taking stupid penalties.  He plays
 a very intimidating style that will need to be toned down a bit before he gets
 his big start with the returning players would be my guess.  His size will
 definitely be an asset though.
 Thanks again Bill!!
 Carol White
 Univ of Minnesota