From:
"Glenn W. Gale" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Glenn W. Gale
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 1994 10:22:58 -0500
MARK GIBBONS WROTE:

>to recap this discussion over the last few years:
>Minnesotans are rightfully proud of what they have.
>Canada produces more great hockey players then anybody else.
>Most US schools could not compete without Canadiens or a drop in quality.
>Fan cheers are often in poor taste.
>What works for one school may not work at others (this goes both ways).
>It is pointless to fill H-L with posts on this subject.

     O.K., but how the heck did this become "Canadians vs. the world?"
I thought it was a few parochial Minnesota fans spewing a silly chant,
and a Canadian justifiably taking exception but getting carried
away with his own nationalism.  I missed where Mozambique and Belgium
got involved.
     By the way, unless I am mistaken comments on what is or isn't
appropriate for discussion on Hockey-L are to be directed to Wayne (a
rule which I hope I didn't breach by citing it ;-)).

Thanks
-Glenn

Glenn W. Gale                 [log in to unmask]
MAE Department                   [log in to unmask]
Clarkson University             [log in to unmask]
Potsdam, NY
"There is a sense, as you sit in your cab and tunnel through
the grooves and traps, there is a sharper sense of the
smallness of human concerns - in New York, where you always
feel the height and weight of the tall agencies.  Control,
purpose, meaning, they're all up there.  They're not down
here." - Martin Amis (from "Money")