Date:
Fri, 13 Jul 90 16:48:44 EDT
 If there is interest in having me type out the game summaries for the week
 please let me know. Time is tight right now, so I'll send what I can. I was at
 the North vs. South game last night and it was a scoring fest! I thought the
 attendance was pathetic for a Twin Cities crowd (1,814) but they promise a
 sellout for the Gold medal game. The ice hockey pins which are sold by the
 U.S.O.C. SOLD OUT the first day, so they made a second set of gold or silver
 colored ones. I really wanted a cloissone one but I waited too long. Okay, now
 some notes from the "info" sheet we were handed at the game last night.
     The South, on the strength of goals by WCHA sharpshooters made its bid for
 ice hockey gold in defeating the West, 3-2, in game four of the Fest.  The
 victory gives the South 3 medal points going into tonight's (Thurs) contest wit
 with the North, who is already guaranteed a shot at the gold with two victories
  and four points. (Since the North won the game 5-3 the other gold medal game
  team will be decided Friday when East plays West)  If both the South and the
 East finish with 3 points a tiebreaker would be needed to determine who would
 go for the gold against the North.
 Coaches: Shawn Walsh   -  North
          Brad Buetow   -  South
          Joe Marsh     -  East
          Mike Eaves    -  West

 Tuesday 7/10   South vs. East        5-5 tie
 Tuesday 7/10   North vs. West        North wins 4-2
 Wednesday 7/11 South vs. West        South wins 3-2
 Thursday 7/12  North vs. South       North wins 5-3
 Friday 7/13    East vs. West         ?

 One last note, Tuesday afternoons attendance of 8,902 set an Olympic Fest
 single game record.  More later. Carol W.